Pageviews

Monday, November 15, 2010

"My First Boat"

Let me tell you how I became interested in boating.
I purchased my first boat at a garage sale for $2.00 in the summer of 1960, I was nine years old. That boat would fit in the back of my mom's station wagon. My mom would drop me off on Saturday mornings at Newport Bay so that I could enjoy a day of fishing. I didn't have a motor, so plan B came to mind. I had to get out the oars. I caught sea bass and rock bass. I enjoyed watching all the boats coming and going. I would row by John Wayne's huge yacht the "Wild Goose" and Gomer Pyle's yacht a converted PT Boat. Shirley Temple had a beautiful house on a point overlooking the bay. Life was good!!!! I was having fun on the water.

The Great Loop Adventure aboard the "Bama Belle"start date is around December 17, 2010

 

No comments:

Post a Comment